Friday, July 25, 2014

Pool Liner and Water

I had worked on installing the automatic cover the week before and realized that the cover doesn't do very well when there is no water in the pool.  However, I knew that without it I would be taking a huge risk by leaving the pool uncovered for as much as a day or two.  That was not an option, therefore I installed it the best I could without really being able to close or open it all the way.  The reason for this is, the automatic cover floats on the water.  So without water, it just hangs from the tracks on the sides of the pool which cause's more friction when trying to move the cover.  The cover has a built in safety feature that when it feels a heaver than normal strain on the motor, it stops.  I was able to close the cover without any issue, but when it came time to open it back up, I had to start and stop it several times before it would open all the way.

After a couple of days away from home, I decided on Monday, July 21st I was gonna bite the bullet and try to finish the pool.  I had to call the water delivery guy first to make sure I could get water that day.  And when I was told he could bring it that afternoon, I suddenly felt the pressure of being ready. Just a small detail of getting the vinyl liner into place before the water truck got there...no big deal.  And in the end, it wasn't.  I was able to unwrap the liner and get it locked into the track along the edge of the pool all by myself.  I even had about 18" of water from the garden hose in the bottom of it and had the main drains cut out and installed before the water arrived.

As you will see from the pictures, the girls were patiently waiting....as if I didn't have enough pressure to get it done.  As far as, even while filling the pool from the truck, you couldn't keep those girls away from the water.  It goes without saying, they were excited.

So by about 3pm, we had a pool full of water (although freezing cold), and two very happy little girls which has made this whole journey worth the effort.





























No comments:

Post a Comment