Monday, July 7, 2014

Issues with the pool coping forms

Since the last post I was able to install the wall caps which will receive the tracks for the automatic cover, as well as provide the track for the vinyl liner to snap into. It's a nice setup where the tracks for the automatic cover are just below the concrete coping. Once these were installed I then installed the box which will sit below the level of the concrete decking and has a lid which sits flush with concrete. With this I decided to test fit the styrofoam concrete forms which will form up the coping, called a cantilever coping because it hangs over the edge of the pool slightly. When I put the form in place I knew right away that it was going to be too tall, causing the decking concrete to to be almost an inch taller than the level of the flush fitting lid of the cover box. UNACCEPTABLE....to make a long story short I was able to work it out with the pool company where I will return the styrofoam forms and I can actually go pick up some aluminum reusable forms made by the cover manufacturer up in Westfield, Indiana that are sure to fit. And once I'm done using them, I can return them for almost a full refund. 

After installing the automatic cover pieces, I was limited on what I could do next. Therefore I wired up all of the pool equipment including the pump and saltwater chlorine generator which both run through a timer. I installed all of the circuit breakers several of which are GFCI breakers to protect against being shocked if components come into contact with water. All of the wiring is nicely tucked away in liquid-tight flexible pvc conduit. The only thing left to do with the electrical is to hook up the supply wire from my sub-panel to the main panel in my basement. The wire is in place, I just need to install the 100 amp breaker and connect to it. 

I also moved some gravel into an area that will get concrete that needed to be raised up about 18". And then I started digging out where the sidewalk that connects the driveway to pool will go. All of this in preparation for concrete on July 14rh. I'll be busy this week so stay tuned.
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment