Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pool backfill and concrete forming

Before I could backfill the pool I had to install the bonding wire. This bare copper wire has to connect anything metallic within 5' of the pool as well as any mechanical pool components.  This prevents any single metallic object from becoming charged and giving a little shock whenever touched. Not something you want when your wet from being in the pool. 

The bonding had to be inspected before I could backfill. So once we passed inspection I got to work backfilling. Overall it took 44 tons of pea gravel to backfill the over-dig areas of the pool. I shouldn't have any issues with settling with that much pea gravel in the hole. 

Next I began forming up the deck area preparing for concrete. My concrete guy came over and figured out a plan. He decided that we should pour a portion of the concrete in the morning, strip those forms once the concrete sets up, and then pour the rest in the afternoon. This is mostly due to a small retaining wall that has a sidewalk up against it, making it difficult to form and pour both at the same time. Therefore he left it up to me to form up the curved retaining wall and steps. I worked on it until almost midnight, but I finished and am pretty happy with the results. 



Next post should be pouring all of the concrete so stay tuned...




























No comments:

Post a Comment